SWEET POTATO SODA BREAD
Detox Kitchen's healthy version of our all time favourite.
- 1 large sweet potato (350-400g)
- 120ml oat milk
- 170g self raising flour
- 200g gram flour
- 1 tsp baking power
- 1 tsp Malden salt
- 60g mixed sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Peel the sweet potato, cut into chunks and roast in the oven until soft.
- Place the cooked sweet potato in a food processor with half of the milk and blitz until smooth.
- Mix the flours, salt, baking power and seeds (keeping a few back to top the bread with). Add the sweet potato and mix together with your hands. Make a small well in the middle and add the rest of the oat milk. Bring this together into a dough. Don't over-knead it as it will make the bread dense.
- Flour a surface and tip the dough out. Form a large ball and then cut a deep cross in the top. Sprinkle with the extra seeds and roast in the oven for 35-45 minutes until the outside is crisp and the inside is cooked through and soft.
- Cut into slices and enjoy with some hummus, pesto or whatever you fancy.
The bread will keep in an air-tight container for two days.